Bretforton Village School is a small, friendly school at the heart of our village community.
We pride ourselves in the fact that we know each and every one of our pupils and their families very well. This helps us to ensure that we are meeting all the needs of each of our children. As our motto says, we are ‘small enough to care…strong enough to grow’.
We believe in traditional values and hold true to the caring community ethos of village education. We believe in teaching transferrable life skills that will give the children the best start in life. We always put the children first.
We hope you enjoy exploring our website and look forward to welcoming you at our school.
At Bretforton Village School, your child is at the heart of our educational philosophy.
We believe that education is about equipping children with the tools for lifelong learning. It is about developing transferable skills which span the areas of intellectual, spiritual, social, moral and cultural development and prepare children for life in our diverse and changing society. By putting children first and creating meaningful situations which relate to their own lives, we help children to learn effectively and develop their own sense of identity whilst learning to respect and care for each other. At our school we enable every child to fulfill their true potential and at the same time understand and believe in traditional community values.
At Bretforton Village School we aim to:
- Treat every child in a positive and thoughtful manner which respects their individuality and develops a strong sense of pride, self-worth and confidence.
- Provide purposeful educational experiences based on the programmes of study as outlined in the Early Learning Foundation Stage, the National Curriculum and guidelines for Religious Education. In this way each child develops a firm foundation for learning in each area especially Literacy, Numeracy and Information and Communication Technology.
- Develop the whole child through aesthetic, spiritual, creative, social and moral learning experiences, including forest school and eco-school experiences.
- Develop each child's own identity and raise their awareness, knowledge and understanding of other cultures and lifestyles.
- Enable children to be caring members of society with a strong sense of right and wrong, which guides their choice of actions and builds their responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Provide a safe, happy, stimulating environment in which children are challenged and encouraged to learn new skills, are confident to task risks, solve problems, stay safe, be healthy and enjoy what they are learning.
- Give every child an excellent foundation for future learning - one that is firmly grounded in traditional values and a sense of community.
In order to achieve these aims our staff team work closely with parents, carers, governors, our village community, outside agencies and Worcestershire LA.
We recognise the important role, you, as parents have in your child's education. We aim to build upon your role as the prime educators of your children and work in close partnership with you to ensure that your child gets the best out of their time at our school.